A lasting Tribute...
Dedicated on November 7, 1998, the Sumner County Veterans Park was designed and developed by Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 240 as a lasting tribute to the men and women from Sumner County who have served, and are serving, our country in war and peace.
The Park was designed to feature a Veterans Memorial, dedicated to all Sumner County men and women who answered their country’s call, WWI through Iraq, and who gave the ultimate sacrifice.
From a symbolic standpoint, the Sumner County Veterans Park is original, creative, inspirational and reflective of Sumner County’s pride in her veterans. It is a place of remembrance, honor and introspection, recognizing the sacrifices made by those who stood in harm’s way defending America’s freedom. It is also a place for those who waited at home for the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coast Guardsmen to return.
From a practical standpoint, the Park was designed to be a community gathering place for the observation of Veteran’s Day, Memorial Day and other patriotic events. The Park’s design is complementary to the existing natural landscape. It reflects Sumner County’s strong sense of aesthetics, quality and community pride. In short, our Sumner County Veterans Park is distinctly . . . Sumner County.
VVA Chapter 240
The park is designed and maintained by Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 240. If you would like more information about VVA or the chapter, please visit our website...more
The Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 240 has extended the development of the Memorial Park with a walkway, bordered by a special planter and future sculptures, that will allow more convenient access to the area and provide a special platform
for future services.
Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 240 seeks your help in developing this Wall expansion, walkway and the planter. We are making sidewalk paving stones available for businesses and individuals to display their name(s), in commemoration of those who have sacrificed for their country and, thus, to honor that sacrifice.
If you are interested in supporting the Memoral Park as a business or individual, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or download the order form below and mail it to the address provided.
All contributions are tax deductible..
- Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 240, Sumner County
- Associates of Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 240
- Gene Carman Real Estate and Auctions
- Bruce and Brenda Parr
- Lorrie Morgan (Country Music Star)
- Judge Art McClellan
- Garrott Brothers Continuous Mix Concrete
- 1LT W. Ron DeBerry
- Rogers Group, Inc.
- The Bentrem Family
- VFW Post 9851, Hendersonville, Tennessee
- James M. & Ludmilla O’Dell
- Volunteer State Community College
- John M. Law, LT, USNR
- Disabled American Veterans (DAV), Chapter 95
- Tabor Dental Associates
- Ladies Auxillary, VFW Post 9851, Hendersonville, Tennessee
- Ernie & Many-Bears Grinder in memory of CW2 Billie’Jean Grinder
- Wix Masonry
- Triple B Construction
- Tennessee Chapter One, Rolling Thunder
- Lowe’s of Franklin, Kentucky
- The Leath Family
- Booster Club, VFW Post 9851
- American Legion Post 17
- Brauer Material Handling Systems
- Hindsight Home Design
- In Memory of CPL Patrick R. Nixon
- Hardwood Mulch Industries
Sumner County Veterans Park and Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 240 salute you for your contributions and your support to help honor the men and women that serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces.